MannaSim Script generator framework installation procedure
- It is the Script generator used mainly for wireless sensor network research.
- It was written in TCL and C++ for NS-2 network simulator.
- It is used for creating TCL scripts for the front-end activity done in MannaSim framework GUI.
It can be installed in two ways:
1. Installing Mannasim patch (easier method)
2. Using Mannasim Source code
Method 1 - Installing Mannasim patch:
- This is easier way for installing Mannsim;
- But, ensure that you didn't modify the ns-2 distribution files. At the time of writing this blog, the ns-2 distribution is with version 2.29.
Step 2: Click here to download MannaSim Framework ns-2.29 patch.
Step 3: Type the following command on the ns-allinone-2.29 folder:
Step 4: Install ns-2.29 as usual typing ns-allinone-2.29 folder:
Method 2 - Using Mannasim Source Code:Step 1: Download Manasim.tar.gz file
Step 2: untar the file by typing
Step 3: A new folder titles manasim with appear. copy that file and paste it in /home/usernname/ns2.35-allinone/ns.2.35/
Step 4: Open the mansim folder. Then, go to ns-modified-files folder. There you can find a few files.
Copy the files from the ns-modified-files/ to these locations:
Then, type each command at terminal
After installing and configuring using either of the methods above, to open the GUI, java is essential. So, to install java, run the following commands in terminal: